Thursday 28 May 2009

Buttons / Badges



I got these produced by the Vancouver based company www.sixcentpress.com last month for my US agent (www.lillarogers.com) to handout at Surtex - a trade fair in New York. It meant I had them all sent directly to Lilla and I haven't yet seen them in the real. So lovely surprise when I found this photo of them on Six Cent Press website - thank you.

I'd never heard of the word "button" for these until last year. Growing up in the North of Scotland it was "badges" people pinned to their school bags. Buttons were to be found in this jar (I now use it for jam) and on rainy days my mum would let me sort through and admire them.




I still get great pleasure from looking at my own collection of buttons - rainy day or not. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails