Thursday 11 June 2009

Step by Step Illustrations for two New Craft Books












Last week I received copies of some books I illustrated last year, including two craft based books: The Perfect Apron by Rob Merrett and Decorating Pumpkins and Gourds by Deborah Schneebeli Morrell.

I think if I'd been told when a student that in the future I'd be working on illustrating step - by - step projects I'd have thought "how dull!" However I find something really enjoyable about doing these - the need to find solutions to explain the information and yet not make it look too "technical". I also like the way that there are usually quite a lot of illustrations and so it's sometimes possible to work in a way that feels like a cross between a production line and a meditative flow!

Both these books have such gorgeous projects in them, though it can be frustrating to just be drawing them rather than be making the real thing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails