Thursday 2 September 2010

Recent Illustrations for Bulletin Magazine









These illustrations are for a UK based magazine. It’s called Bulletin and it is aimed at people working in the field of Speech and Literacy. I illustrate their monthly opinion column.

Because the text and vocabulary are usually very specific to its field I love the challenge of coming up with “soft” but relevant solutions. Which is what I love about illustrating for magazines is having a text that is a little dry or outside my usual scope of knowledge and finding a visual way of making it more approachable and appealing.

The topics were (from top to bottom) about gathering information to create the society's framework, working in partnership, the difficulties in assessing language in children and gathering data.

On my USA agent's blog there is a longer post about this project.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails