Thursday 9 February 2012

Teeny Tiny Crochet - Props and Backgrounds








I absolutely loved working on this project - planning, making the sets and styling them working with the photographer - it was like everything I loved doing as a child coming together as an adult. Making little environments for animals - dreaming up their worlds. The crochet creatures made by Catherine Hirst were amazing - so, so tiny (for example the mouse was about the size of a thumb nail!) I was excited about little Mr. Mouse having a Liberty print lampshade :-) Geoff Dann was the photographer - it's amazing how he can always manage to position these little lifeless creatures (with pins and blue tak and wire) to make them look so full of personality!


3 comments:

Chris said...

You are very talented Trina! & I love your home as featured in D S! I'm a Filipino living & working with Singapore with hubby & 3year old daughter. I used to dabble in illustrations in Manila & miss it sometimes. I now work in publishing in SG. I'll be visiting your site often. You are an inspiration!

Trina Dalziel said...

Thank you Chris. I hope you get a chance to return to illustration in the future.

Ebba Erikzon said...

lovley!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails